Prep time5 minutes
Cook time6 hours
Total time6 hrs and 10 mins
This is a nice spicy soup which can be made in a slow cooker . I personally used home made chicken broth but you can use a store bought one for this. Found this recipe online, just played around with the ingredients to make it more savory.
4 1/2 cup low – sodium chicken broth
1 (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes can
1 finely chopped onion
3 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp ground paprika
½ tsp. ground coriander
Salt & Black pepper to taste
1.5 lbs boneless & skinless chicken breasts
1 (14.5 oz) can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 1/2 cup fresh corn ( I used frozen)
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro ( I used parsley instead)
1. Pour chicken broth and tomatoes in a slow cooker.
2. Add chopped onion, garlic, chili pdr.; paprika ; cumin pdr; salt & black pepper.
3. Cook on low setting for 6 hrs.
4. Remove and shred chicken, return to the cooker along with beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice.
5. Cook on high till heated through. About 5 minutes.
For serving : Tortilla chips; shredded cheddar cheese & home made avocado salsa