Prep time10 minutes
Cook time30 minutes
Total time40 minutes
Lamb chops are cut from the center, rib, section of the lamb and usually come with with a long rib bone with an eye of meat at the end. Chris loved them… they are juicy and bursting with flavors. Its a tweaked recipe that I found online.
12 meaty lamb chops
3 tbsp EVV olive oil
20 oz frozen pearl onions- thawed, drained & dried
4 tbsp crushed garlic
2 1/2 tsps chopped fresh rosemary
4 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp. fresh ginger minced and 1 tbsp. fresh garlic minced.
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Season lamb with lemon juice, minced ginger and garlic, salt and pepper and leave it for 10 minutes.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add oil then lamb in a single layer. Cook, flipping once, until browned on both sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add onions; cook, stirring a few times, until golden brown in places, 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Add garlic, rosemary, and tomato paste; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine; cook until mostly evaporated, about 1 minute.
5. Stir in broth. Return lamb along with any juices to pan; bring to a simmer.
6. Partially cover, reduce heat to low, and cook till lamb is done about 8 to 10 minutes.
Serve with garlicky mashed potatoes and a side of any green steamed vegetable.