Prep time10 mins
Cook time25 mins
Total time35 mins
I am all for complicated & time consuming dishes but once in a while even I like to just make something which doesn’t take too much effort. This recipe is not only easy to make but it is also very tasty, yet low-fat and a perfect balance of protein, carbohydrates and fiber.
It’s simple enough for a weeknight meal yet interesting enough to serve to friends over the weekend. Let me know what you think 🙂
2 Boneless Chicken breasts
2 small Broccoli crowns
4 medium Red Potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp fresh ginger paste
1 tsp fresh garlic paste
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. In a small bowl, blend salt, pepper, onion powder and paprika (You will separate this seasoning mixture into 2 equal parts).
3. Prep the veggies – Cut broccoli and potatoes into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
3. In a large bowl or just on the baking tray, toss the veggies with one half of the seasoning mix and olive oil. Toss to coat and then spread on both sides of the tray.
4. Remove excess fat from the chicken breast, pound them to even thickness.
5. Rub ginger and garlic paste on the chicken followed by a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle the other half of the seasoning mix on both sides. Make sure the chicken is fully coated.
6. Place the chicken breasts in the middle of the tray.
7. Sprinkle cheese evenly over chicken and veggies.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes.